Yummy and Healthy Daycare Finger Food for Lunch
Daycare is not about taking care and teaching a meaningful lesson to help children reach their developmental milestone. It is more about that. It is also including providing proper food to make sure that daycare children will get sufficient nutrition to support their growth. Sometimes, you may feel confuse to find out the great one as your lunch menu. If that is the case then you may try this fish sticks recipe. With all the ingredient, at the end of the recipe you will be able to provide 4 times serving by 5 sticks for each.
This daycare lunch menu contains a lot of nutrient such as calorie, sodium, fat, carbohydrate, sugar, fiber and protein. Totally, you will only need around 30 minutes to prepare the ingredient and finish the whole cooking process. It is definitely quick and easy since you may make your own lovable homemade finger food. The addition of lemon sauce will add fresh taste in this menu.
Ingredient of lemon sauce:
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Ingredient for fish sticks:
- cooking spray (I use a mister)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1 pound Alaskan skinless cod fillet, about 1-inch thick (thawed if frozen)
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Ingredient for the crumbs:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup plain Panko crumbs
Making process direction:
- Prepare all the ingredient and take a small bowl. Put in the ingredient for the dipping sauce and combine it all. Set it aside when you are finish to combine it.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and adjust rack to the center position.
- Spray the oil into a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Slice the fish crosswise into 2-inch long strips and 1-inch wide.
- Combine egg whites, paprika, salt and pepper, dijon mustard, lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Prepare the second bowl to make the crumbs. Put in the Panko crumbs with Old Bay seasoning, dried parsley and remaining paprika together. Mix it
- Pat fish dry with paper towels and dip the fish into the egg mixture. After that, dip it into the crumbs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the top of the fish with oil and bake it about 12 minute until the crumbs color becomes gold.
Voila, just in 30 minutes and you are finish the easy and tasty daycare finger food of fish sticks recipe. Once more, you are making it on your own which means healthier and hygiene. Most of all, children will love to be the part of your daycare because of this lovable menu in lunch list daycare.