Daycare breakfast menu preparation is not easy since we are not only need to serve a delicious menu but also a healthy one. Healthy breakfast is needed as energy boost for children before they start the day. Of course, it will be better if you also can add some vegetable inside. Feel confuse to find a new one? Try the spinach pesto spaghetti.
Daycare breakfast menu ingredient:
- 12 ounces spaghetti (3/4 box)
- 4 cups baby spinach (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound of shrimp (cooked, peeled))
- You are simply can start by cooking the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain it and reserving ¼ cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, you may start to make another ingredient. Take the food processor and puree 2½ cups of the spinach with cheese, oil, pine nuts, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Take a large bowl then toss the spaghetti with the pesto, shrimp and the remaining 1½ cups spinach and reserved cooking water..
Believe me, children loves spaghetti. Rather than making the ready to serve one then it will be healthier to make your own. The preparation time is also not so long as you think. There will be only 7 ingredient needed and 3 steps to take before this tasty menu is ready to eat. The addition of shrimp will provide unique taste of seafood fragrance while spinach is great source of nutrition. Daycare children that usually difficult or avoid vegetable may loves spinach after this. Just allocate your time to make this delicate daycare breakfast menu